This position is ideal for recent graduates who are seeking to gain experience in the field of Biostatistics in a more commercial environment. You will be presented with the opportunity to apply techniques learned during your academic training to real-world problems in healthcare and medical science. You will work on projects involving data analysis and the communication of both methodologies and results in a variety of publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. You will typically be working on several projects across a variety of therapeutic areas at any one time.
Interns receive extensive one-to-one training on the technical aspects of projects and also learn about project management and effective communication with clients.
Our Biostatistician Internship is 3 months full-time and will commence in September 2017.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum 2.1). A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong mathematical ability
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Good R programming skills or knowledge of at least one similar programming language
- Excellent written English
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently
The stipend for interns is £1,200 per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday.